BTA 2022-2023 Winter Socials at RMTC
This winter BTA has booked seven winter social events. We will have three courts in the bubble at the Rocky Mountain Tennis Center for two hours for each event. (Sometimes, if we’re lucky and the courts aren’t booked, play can continue on past the end time.) The cost is $20 per person. The dates are…
- Saturday Dec. 3rd… 8:00 – 10:00 p.m.
- Sunday Dec. 18th… 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday Jan. 7th… 8:00 – 10:00 p.m.
- Sunday Jan. 22nd… 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday Feb. 11th… 8:00 – 10:00 p.m.
- Sunday Feb. 26th… 7:00 – 9:00 p.m
- Saturday Mar. 11th… 8:00 – 10:00 p.m.
- The registration window for a winter social closes at 6:00 p.m. the day before the event.
- Remember! You are not required to be a member of BTA to join in the winter social fun. But in cases when there are more players than slots available, BTA members get priority. If you are a current member and are put on the waitlist, let us know at email@example.com.
- If you’re new to BTA and interested in becoming a member, use this link: Join BTA.
- If you’re already a member and want to renew for next calendar year, use this link: Renew Membership.
The way it works: At start time, the Socials organizer assigns groups of four, based on their skill level, to each of the courts. After a short warmup, all those foursomes play for 35 minutes. At the end of 35 minutes the coordinator calls a halt to that round and everyone rotates: the winners move up a court and the losers move down a court, with the pairs splitting up so they play with different partners in the second round. Play for another 35 minutes and do it again. This format allows everyone to experience a variety of partners and opponents. Important! Please plan to participate for the full two hours. We want to make sure the courts are always full and no on has to sit out!