Welcome to the 2016 Boulder Tennis Associaton’s 50th Annual Austin Scott Memorial Tournament presented by Peter Braun,UBS . As in past years, our objective will be to continue to provide players and spectators with a high quality, professionally managed tournament experience.
Our 2016 Sponsors:
- Peter Braun,UBS
- Mountain Edge Fitness
- Cheri Belz, Architect
- Ciancio, Ciancio, & Brown
- Elevations Credit Union
- Rich’s Tennis School
- University of Colorado
- CU Women’s Tennis
- Rocky Mountain Tennis Center
- Four Iron Apparel
- Rocky Mountain Racquet Specialists
- Zinke Knebel Salon
- Massage Moment
- J Wells Brewery
Would you or your company like to join companies like Babolat and Rocky Mountain Racquet Specialists by becoming a sponsor of the Annual Austin Scott Memorial Tournament ? It’s easy to do. Check out our sponsorship brochure for more information.
general tournament information
- Dates: May 21st – May 28th, 2016
- Location: CU South Campus Courts
- Tennislink ID number: 250014416
- Tournament Director: Yannick VanDoosselaere
- Designated: 4.5, 4.0, 3.5, 3.0
- Men’s & Women’s (Open, 50, 60, 70)Singles & Doubles
- NTRP Men’s & Women’s (2.5–5.0) Singles & Doubles
- NTRP Mixed Doubles (2.5–5.0, Open)
- Singles and doubles wheelchair events
All events are single elimination.
- Entry Fee: $40.28 per singles event and $30 per person per doubles event per player (includes TennisLink fee)
- Entry Deadline: Friday, May 13th, 2016, 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
- Play begins: Saturday, May 21st at 8:00 AM and continues until dark.
- Scheduling: Heavy on Saturday, May 21st, and Saturday, May 28th, (Due to the chance of inclement weather at some time during the tournament)
- Weekday matches: Begin at 4:00 PM sharp and should finish sometime around 7pm.
Registration is open. Registration and Payment of Tournament fees must be through Tennis Link at the tournament USTA web site
Given the size of the Annual Austin Scott Memorial Tournament , it is very difficult to accommodate scheduling requests. If you have an unavoidable conflict, please email the days/times you CANNOT play to AustinScottTennis@gmail.com . If your request is not possible, you will be removed from the tournament and your entry fee will be refunded minus the non-refundable $3.00 TennisLink fee charged by the USTA. Out of respect to our tournament organizers and other players, please limit your requests.
For seeding purposes, please attach competitive records for you and your partner. Include state, sectional, and national ranking plus your wins and losses since last year’s rankings.
- Entries must be received via Tennis Link by Saturday, May 13th, 11:59 pm MDT.
- Tournament will be governed by the USTA with the honor code of ethics enforced.
- Players are responsible for obtaining their match times.
- Players must check in at the tournament desk 15 minutes prior to their match time. The 15 minute default rule will be in effect.
- Players must have a current USTA membership. To become a new member or to renew your membership, call (800) 990-8782 or visit www.usta.com.
- No fees will be refunded after the draws are made or in case of default.
- All matches at the Open and 5.0 levels will be the best 2 of 3 full sets. All matches in the Senior divisions will be the best 2 of 3 sets, with a 10 point match tiebreak played in lieu of a full third set. For all other divisions, the format will be the best 2 of 3 sets, with a 10 point match tiebreak played in lieu of a full third set for rounds before the semifinals. For semifinals and finals, these divisions will play the best 2 of 3 full sets.
- All senior and mixed doubles events will be 2 tie break sets with a 10 point match tiebreak in lieu of a third set.
- All matches at CU South Campus unless there is inclement weather, darkness or a scheduling challenge.
- The Tournament Committee may modify formats due to inclement weather or other time related issues.