Welcome to the 2016 Boulder Tennis Associaton’s 50th Annual Austin Scott Memorial Tournament presented by Peter Braun,UBS . As in past years, our objective will be to continue to provide players and spectators with a high quality, professionally managed tournament experience.
Our 2016 Sponsors:
- Peter Braun,UBS
- Mountain Edge Fitness
- Cheri Belz, Architect
- Ciancio, Ciancio, & Brown
- Elevations Credit Union
- Rich’s Tennis School
- University of Colorado
- CU Women’s Tennis
- Rocky Mountain Tennis Center
- Four Iron Apparel
- Rocky Mountain Racquet Specialists
- Zinke Knebel Salon
- Massage Moment
- J Wells Brewery
Would you or your company like to join companies like Babolat and Rocky Mountain Racquet Specialists by becoming a sponsor of the Annual Austin Scott Memorial Tournament ? It’s easy to do. Check out our sponsorship brochure for more information.
general tournament information
- Dates: May 21st – May 28th, 2016
- Location: CU South Campus Courts
- Tennislink ID number: 250014416
- Tournament Director: Yannick VanDoosselaere
- Designated: 4.5, 4.0, 3.5, 3.0
- Men’s & Women’s (Open, 50, 60, 70)Singles & Doubles
- NTRP Men’s & Women’s (2.5–5.0) Singles & Doubles
- NTRP Mixed Doubles (2.5–5.0, Open)
- Singles and doubles wheelchair events
- Entry Fee: $40.28 per singles event and $30 per person per doubles event per player (includes TennisLink fee)
- Entry Deadline: Friday, May 13th, 2016, 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
- Play begins: Saturday, May 21st at 8:00 AM and continues until dark.
- Scheduling: Heavy on Saturday, May 21st, and Saturday, May 28th, (Due to the chance of inclement weather at some time during the tournament)
- Weekday matches: Begin at 4:00 PM sharp and should finish sometime around 7pm.
- Entries must be received via Tennis Link by Saturday, May 13th, 11:59 pm MDT.
- Tournament will be governed by the USTA with the honor code of ethics enforced.
- Players are responsible for obtaining their match times.
- Players must check in at the tournament desk 15 minutes prior to their match time. The 15 minute default rule will be in effect.
- Players must have a current USTA membership. To become a new member or to renew your membership, call (800) 990-8782 or visit www.usta.com.
- No fees will be refunded after the draws are made or in case of default.
- All matches at the Open and 5.0 levels will be the best 2 of 3 full sets. All matches in the Senior divisions will be the best 2 of 3 sets, with a 10 point match tiebreak played in lieu of a full third set. For all other divisions, the format will be the best 2 of 3 sets, with a 10 point match tiebreak played in lieu of a full third set for rounds before the semifinals. For semifinals and finals, these divisions will play the best 2 of 3 full sets.
- All senior and mixed doubles events will be 2 tie break sets with a 10 point match tiebreak in lieu of a third set.
- All matches at CU South Campus unless there is inclement weather, darkness or a scheduling challenge.
- The Tournament Committee may modify formats due to inclement weather or other time related issues.