Hey tennis players, league action has begun. The Eighteen-and-Over mixed league is already under way and the Eighteen-and-Over gender-specific league is starting next week. Recruitment and registration for the other upcoming leagues are going strong as well.
While we have a lot of willing bodies ready to play, what we really need are captains. Our league coordinator reports that quite a few members have inquired about playing league, but there are simply not enough teams to give them a home. And the limiting factor with teams is ALWAYS the lack of players willing to captain. As most members of the BTA Board are currently captaining teams or have done so in the past, we can all attest that — while there is definitely a little work involved — captaining a team is ultimately a satisfying and rewarding experience. And not as complicated as you might imagine!
The fact of the matter is: Sometimes the best way to play with the folks you like on the kind of team you like is to go ahead and put it together yourself! If you are considering captaining a team, our BTA league coordinator stands by ready to answer any questions and assist you each step of the way in putting together and running a league team, and even provide some willing players. So don’t let lack of experience stand in your way.
Here are the remaining seasons that you can get involved in…
- USTA Mixed 40+ (5/22 – 7/3; minimum roster deadline 4/29) – format: three doubles matches
- CTA Adult Age 18-39 (6/6 – 7/21; minimum roster deadline 5/6) – format: two singles, one doubles match
- USTA Adult 40+ (6/6 – 7/21; minimum roster deadline 5/6) – format: one singles, three doubles
Later This Summer
- CTA Women’s 2.5 18+ (6/8 – 7/20; minimum roster deadline 5/6) – format: one singles, two doubles
- CTA Adult Age 65+ (7/5 – 8/19; minimum roster deadline 6/10) – format: three doubles matches
- ITA Mixed 18+ (7/10 – 8/21; minimum roster deadline 6/10) – format: three doubles matches
- CTA Twilight 18+ (7/25 – 9/8; minimum roster deadline 6/17) – format: one singles, two doubles
- CTA Women’s Summer Daytime (8/1 – 9/14; minimum roster deadline 7/1) – format: one singles, two doubles
If you are interested, contact our BTA League Coordinator, Kathy Webber at firstname.lastname@example.org
The BTA Board